Tibetan (singing) bowl massage is a deeply relaxing massage in which the bowls are placed on different areas of the body. The practitioner then “plays” and moves the bowls creating harmonizing tones to release blocks that can cause discomfort in the body.
When receiving this massage you not only hear the soothing tones of the bowls but at the same time feel the deep, gentle vibration throughout your body. These vibrations have the ability to travel through the skin, muscles, bones, and organs. They also release blocks in the meridians and other energy systems of the body.
These tones which vibrate all the way to cell level also have a profoundly calming effect on the mind and emotions, which makes it ideal for stress related problems.
The effects of this massage are easily felt through the clothing, which is why the client wears loose comfortable clothing during their session.
Many benefits are:
- Stimulates self-healing mechanism within the body
- Relief from emotional imbalances, menstrual disorders, muscle or joint aches, digestive disorder, insomnia, fatigue and headaches
- Detoxifies at cellular and bone deep level
- Retrains mind/body to heal and let go of stress
- Reduction in stress through release of endorphin and deep relaxation
- Achievement of the “relaxation response” effortlessly
- Improves quality and quantity of sleep and fine tunes the Circadian rhythm
- Better workability of right and left hemispheres
- Improvement of learning ability and retention of memory
- Deep effect on acupuncture meridians
- Harmonizing of aura and balancing of chakras